Why Should I Go With Go Sea Kayak?
- We are owned and operated by local surf lifesavers, ensuring your experience is fun and very safe – we have a 100% safety record
- We have super experienced guides. Some who have worked here for more than 10 years.
- We have the best customer to tour guide ratio for Byron sea kayak tours
- We spend the most time on the water, we don’t stop halfway for a break, which means you have more time to spot the wildlife
- With our Go Sea Guarantee, if you don’t see a Dolphin, Turtle or Whale you can paddle with us again for Free!
- We employ local aboriginal guides adding a unique dimension to our tours. Our guides share stories of special places, animals, local history and culture
- If you book directly with us through our website and we have to cancel your tour on the day due to unsafe conditions, we’ll give you a 100% refund (not all travel agents will refund you 100%).
- We donate $1 from every customer to Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and Southern Cross University Dolphin Research Centre
- Our staff are professional and enthusiastic – we believe we have the best jobs in town!
Can I Buy A Gift Card?
Yes! Just follow these instructions:
- head to our bookings page
- Click on the tour you'd like to buy a Gift Card for
- Choose the number of Adults and/or Children you'd like to make the voucher for
- Click the "BUY GIFT CARD" button and follow the prompts.
Will I See Dolphins?
You will be paddling in the famous Cape Byron Marine Park where dolphins, turtles and whales roam free. On most tours we spot dolphins and from June to November, we often spot whales.
Many other species of marine life are also spotted in the marine park including tropical fish and manta rays.
And, as per our Go Sea Guarantee, if you don’t see a dolphin, whale or turtle, you can paddle with us again for FREE!
Will I Get Wet?
YES – it’s all part of the fun! We provide you with wetsuits in cooler months to keep you warm. Only waterproof cameras are suitable.
What If I Can't Swim?
That’s fine, we often have non-swimmers on our tours! All paddlers are fitted with a life jacket and our tours are all run by local surf lifesavers. If for any reason you were to come out of your kayak (very very unlikely) your jacket would keep you afloat and you would be in the safest possible hands.
*Please notify your guide before the tour if you are a non-swimmer.
What Happens If It Rains?
A little rain never hurt anybody, in fact the rainy days often present smooth and calm ocean conditions, perfect for paddling and spotting marine life! Our guides are trained surf lifesavers and know when it is safe to run a tour.
Sometimes tours need to be cancelled due to strong winds or large swells, however the rain is often welcomed in such a warm climate. We will provide you with wetsuits in cooler months to ensure you’re warm at all times.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions page for more important information.
When Is The Next Sunrise Tour?
The Sunrise Tour isn’t just your everyday tour. We don’t run them everyday.
We need near perfect conditions, and approval from the Cape Byron Marine Park, to run a Sunrise tour, so we only make them available when we see an amazing morning forecast.
To see if a Sunrise Tour has been scheduled, click on any of the Book Now Buttons and select the Sunrise Sea Kayak Tour option – if we have scheduled one, it will appear here.
Do You Offer Pickups In Byron Bay?
No, we do not offer pick ups.
Everywhere in Byron Bay is short walk to our tour location in Byron Bay or a 10 minute drive to our Brunswick River Nature tour locations. Please give us a call if you need help with taxis or transport.
How Fit Do I Need To Be?
All you need is a sense of adventure. Paddling a kayak is very easy, no experience is needed but some level of physical fitness is necessary.
Can I Cancel Or Amend My Booking?
Yes, we’re happy to amend or cancel your booking provided you give us enough warning.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions page for more details on our amendments, cancellations and refunds policies.
What Do I Need To Bring?
Please bring: bathers, towel, sunscreen, small reusable water bottle, hat and clothes to change in to afterwards.
We provide snacks and drinks and can even pick you up from your accommodation at no additional charge. You may also like to bring a hat, sunnies, sunscreen and a small water bottle (in a reusable bottle with a cap).
We have a lock up area for all bags/belongings.
I Don't Have Anyone To Paddle With, Can I Come Alone?
Yes! We will buddy you up with another single or one of our paddle guides.
Can I Book A Private Tour?
Yes! Private tours can be organised. Please email us at email@example.com for availability and rates.
What Is The Weight Limit Of Your Kayaks?
Our kayak’s are all two people kayaks and have a combined weight limit of 190kg.
Are The Tours Safe For Children?
YES – our tours are safe for children 5 years and above. On our Brunswick River Nature tour (only) we can take children as young as 3 years old. Some of our kayaks can even sit a child between 2 adults.
We have a 100% safety record and every tour is run by a surf lifesaver ensuring your child is in the safest possible hands.
ALL children must be accompanied by an adult whilst on tour.
I'm Pregnant, Can I Still Kayak?
We do not recommend kayaking after 15 weeks pregnancy.
Do You Use Single Or Double Kayaks?
Most the time we use double kayaks. We find with two people working together we can go further and see more. Our doubles have space for a child to squeeze between 2 adults.
Do You Offer Rentals So That I Can Take A Kayak Out On My Own?
We paddle a stretch of coastline that is simply not suitable for rental kayaks. Safety is paramount in our business, plus we know all the secret spots and love to share our favourite places with you. We care for our wildlife and help you to enjoy the least invasive way of interacting with them.
Do You Offer Discounts For Group Bookings?
Yes! We can offer discounts for groups of 10 or more. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please note that no discounted tickets available for bookings made for public holidays, school holidays, long weekends or peak weekends.
Is There Parking Available In Byron Bay?
There is 4 hour FREE parking nearby – for details please refer to this map
There is PAID parking on the roadside at our location, opposite 56 Lawson Street Byron Bay, between 9am and 6pm daily.